- ¼ cup oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 kg chicken, cut into serving parts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt to taste
- Saute onions and garlic. Add chicken and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes. Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a simmer. Lower heat, cover and continue to cook until chicken is fully cooked. Add potatoes and carrots and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring to combine, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt to taste. Add bell peppers and cook for about 1 minute or until tender yet crisp. Serve hot.