1 kg beef kabilugan, (whole eye of round)
1/4 cup cooking oil
4 gloves of garlic
1 onion slice
2 pcs potatoes quartered, fried
1 carrot, cut in 1/2 inch round
1 slice dayap or lemon with rind
1/2 tsp. peppercorn
1 cup tomato sauce
1 laurel leaf
1 tbsp salt
1.5 cup hot water
1. Brown meat in cooking oil, set aside
2. In the same oil, saute garlic and onion cook in 5 minutes
3. Put dayap, soy sauce, peppercorn, tomato sauce, laurel leaf and salt. Simmer a few minutes more.
4. Add water cover and simmer.
5. Add potatoes and carrots when meat is tender.
6. Slice meat.
7. Arrange on a platter with the vegetales
8. Strain sauce, pour over meat.
Note: You may also use cooked green beans, fried potatoes and cubed boiled carots for garnishing.